Red Cedar School is a Vermont Recognized Kindergarten through Middle Grades Independent School.
We weigh the following considerations in our decision to admit a student:
- Motivation of the student to learn and take responsibility for him or herself within the school’s setting
- Appropriateness of our program for meeting the student’s needs
- Support of the child’s parents for the philosophy and curriculum of the school
- Fit between the student and the existing class group
Deadline for new applicants is March 15. We consider applications received after this date if there is space available.
We accept students who are age 5 or older, or who will turn 5 by September 1st of the year they are entering.
Red Cedar School welcomes students of any race, gender, sexual orientation, color, creed, religion, class, national or ethnic origin. All students are accorded the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sex, color, creed, religion, class, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship programs, athletic programs or other school-administered programs.
Tuition and Fees 2017/18
|$10,000||Elementary level, Grades K – 6|
|$10,650||Middle School level, Grades 7 – 8|
Tuition covers the regular activities of the school. Additional fees are charged for student supplies, field trips, the ski program, and overnight trips.
Financial aid is available to families in need of assistance. Financial aid is distributed according to need as long as funds are available. Deadline for returning families is February 8. Deadline for new applicants is March 15. We consider applications received after this date if there is space available.
School Visit: We host visiting mornings for families to tour the school and and see it in action. Please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a date to visit.
Informational Evening: We encourage all families who are interested in applying to Red Cedar to attend our Informational Evening in early February.
Application: We consider all applications received by March 15 together. We consider applications received after this date if there is space available.
- Parent application
- Permission to contact staff at your child’s school and to obtain transcripts and records. When considering if Red Cedar is a good fit for a student, we may decide that speaking directly with staff at your child’s school will be helpful. We may also need information provided in your child’s school transcript and records. We understand that this is sensitive information and will treat it confidentially. Please use the permission form provided.
- Student application (for grades 6 – 8 only)
- Teacher references (for grades 6 – 8 only)